Friday, September 14, 2012

Mashed NOT Potatoes

While I can't take full credit for this one, I am pretty proud of how these turned out and feel like I am sharing the best recipe possible!

1 large head of cauliflower
1-2 cloves of garlic
1/2 C chopped nuts (almonds or cashews are my favorite)
1 TBS coconut oil
1-2 TBS bacon grease and/or butter
1/2 - 1 Cup coconut milk (the canned kind, not from the carton)
1/2 TBS fresh rosemary (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Chop or break cauliflower up into pieces. Melt and drizzle your coconut oil on pieces, add some salt and pepper, and mix the cauliflower pieces to coat with oil as much as possible. Bake on a flat cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. When cauliflower is just starting to get tender, turn the BROILER on and add your nuts and whole cloves of garlic. Toast everything approximately 2-4 minutes. Keep an eye on this, and remove when everything starts to brown.
I use a food processor or blender for this next part, so whatever you have that will whip this up the best is what I recommend! I dump the mixture into the blender, add 1/2 of the coconut milk, bacon grease and any spices. Puree/blend/mix this all up until the texture becomes light and fluffy. Add more coconut milk as needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment